Is RV Travel Across The USA A Dream Of Yours?
RV Travel Was Not How I Started My Vagabond Ways . . .
In 1980 I was underemployed and not making ends meet. I decided to sell everything but my car, some clothes and camping gear, becoming a vagabond as it were, and drive off to "booming" Texas, which turned out not to be so booming when I got there.
So with my savings and a rough itinerary, I continued my solo travel adventure thru Mexico, Guatemala and Belize for 7 weeks. There I climbed an active volcano in Guatemala and snorkeled off a coral reef on Cay Corker off the coast of Belize. I also bought or bartered for some beautiful hand woven textiles, a weakness of mine, that I have to this day.
That was my introduction to adventure travel. Travel inspired by a vagabond spirit, that, once on the road, was fueled by experiencing the surprising mystery and beauty of nature and the creativity and generosity of people.
I was hooked!
Now Comes The RV Travel Part Of The Story Because . . .
It's happened once
again! At 58 I was thrown another work related curve ball.
I lost my job due to corporate downsizing. Sound familiar? Yikes!
So at 59 (I know . . . What took me so long?) I decided to take advantage of this situation and become a vagabond again. This time I'm a wanderer in search of adventure and discovery via travel right here in the good ol' USA.
. . . well, naturally, in my vagabond conveyance of choice, this time
in an RV: a vagabond house and vehicle all in one. Call me the RV
And since I am traveling solo on this adventure, the decisions are mine to make and the consequences mine to bear. But I'm up for the challenge. In fact, I'm really excited about it!
Planning and discovering the dream is half the fun! And the creativity that comes from following your passion is a reward in itself!
Paula Sa with Dead Horse Canyon in Utah below
Are You An RV Vagabond Wannabee?
Here you'll find a chronicle of my RV travel adventures, a guide for anyone who has that restless feeling to just go somewhere, taking over your spirit until you're simply looking for the right "reason" to go . . . the perfect moment or situation. I will share my experiences, knowledge and learnings as I buy an RV, camp, hike, cook and explore my way through the USA.
So come vagabonding with me as I craft a lifestyle of RV travel and share in my adventure.
Now . . . it's time to cowboy up, find the RV and hit the road!
Like This Page
Share This Page
- RV Solar Power Essential For Full-timing
- Install an RV solar power system and camp off the grid. Solar power has given this RV Vagabond more camping options and less dependence on electricity and gas.
- Boondocking Basics
- Boondocking a.k.a. camping in the boonies, dry or dispersed camping, comes in varied forms. Here's some ways to get your feet wet, then take the plunge!
- Solo RV Travel
- Solo RV Travel: Freedom and Responsibility
- Full-time RVing
- If you are thinking about travel via full-time RVing or even just living in an RV full time there are several key steps to take.
- Free RV Camping and How to Find It..
- Stretch your resources with free rv camping
- Doing your RV search to find the right RV for you.
- Doing an RV search can be pretty confusing. Here are some things to think about.
- Stealth Camping
- Stealth Camping, a common sense approach
- Great RV Accessories, Gadgets and Good Stuff for the RVVagabond lifestyle
- A smorgasbord of useful RV accessories related to RV travel and living
- Workamping for the Fulltime RV Vagabond
- Want workamping jobs while Fulltime RVing ? Ideas, resources and encouragement found here.
- Retirement hobbies for the RV Vagabond lifestyle
- Retirement Hobbies: Life between travels. A list of hobbies, fun outdoor activities, RV hobbies that turn into jobs after retirement add zest to life.
- RV Vagabond Facebook Feed
- Facebook Feed Live. Keep up and in touch with the RV Vagabond.
- RV Travel Blog
- The RV Travel Blog keeps you up-to-date on all new additions and changes to the RVVagabond.com web site. Subscribe here.
- Contact RVVagabond.com here
- About Me, the RV Vagabond, living a life of discovery on an RV travel adventure.
- How I became an RV Vagabond, poised myself for a life of discovery through solo RV travel across the USA, and developed a website to share my adventure and earn a living.